Friday, June 03, 2005

Trip to Berkeley, Part One

The Drive Up


Tal mostly drove.


But Samantha did a little too.


We backseat folk: Salima...


and yours truly. (Proof I was there.)

Stuff We Ate:


The first (and probably last) McDonalds fries I've eaten in over a year.


Salima's all like, "Dat's right, I'm eating fries!"


Tal adamantly abstaining from the fries. We made fun of him then, but he was right.


Kind of sums up how I feel about McDonalds.


Some British snack...should have clued me in on the quality...


or maybe its uncanny (and unappetizing) resemblence to actual twigs...


but I didn't like it.


Anderson's pea soup in Santa Nella! (not Buellton)


See? I totally had soup.


Our messed up bill, with tax on tax. Samantha so seductively opposed its existence.


We are huge dorks.


Avocado boba...didn't like it much either. Too soy milky. The actual boba part wasn't bad.


Top Dog! Good hotdogs, very very hot mustard, heartburn for Mea.


The grill. And a cartographic t shirt.


Salima wept for her hotdog.


Super delicious guava juice at a super terrible Indian restaurant that a lot of people liked. Folks, don't go to Breads of India. They cook with SALT like it's the actual food. Blearg.


I effin love Nutella and strawberry crepes. Just incredibly delicious. The company was good too.


The company. Hi Tim and Marie!


Hee hee.

3 comments:

Ghone said...

So British food is poor quality eh?
That's rich coming from country that practically invented junk food!
:oP

Meo said...

I was totally kidding. I've had good stuff in England. Pasties and whatnot. They're terrible for you too, though. And come on, whose good idea was blood pudding?

Ghone said...

I guess that's why there are so many vegetarians in the UK.
(Myself included!)