Friday, July 08, 2005

Viva Laz Vegazzzzz Part One: The First Night

On The Road:


Our first stop on the way to Laz Vegaz.


Bryan drove most of the way.


They are funny.

The Lady Luck:


This is where we stayed.


Must be nice to be an owner...or does it own you???


The glitz and glamour of the Lady Luck. HAH.


Instead of multiple beds, there was just one humongousenormousgigantic bed.

Out on the Town:


A really crap picture of the big light thing that comes out of the top of the Luxor. We were out so late that we saw it turn off.


Nice pools.


Jenny on the escalator.


The Luxor ceiling.


The color-corrected Luxor ceiling, you can see the weird blue thing in the middle. What is that, I don't know.


It's like a little city.


The massive lobby. It's nice with nobody in it.


Again, the lobby with the random blue lights.


This actually does look a bit like these statues in the Egyptian wing at the Met in NY.


The little pool thingies under the plaster rams in the lobby.


Yeah, they're fake, so what. I still like (fake) Egyptian art.

Land of Vices:


The one-armed bandit complex.


The row of croupiers at the Luxor at 3am.


The sad and lonely 3am gambler.


It's really interesting to see who gambles in the wee hours of the morning.


Case in point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wosh, Mea
(woah+gosh)

That is a lot of pics. Must have taken you a long time to put all of those up, much less take them and leave comments for allof them. Good for you. I felt like I was onthat trip. Also, I was like "did mea get married?!" until the picture of the bride and groom. I guess that's what happens when you're out of the loop like I am. My own mother called me up and left this freaky ass message a month or two ago that went something like "Now, reaux... I heard some rather disturbing news today. I heard you got married and you didn't tell us. I really hope that this is not true, but ifit is,I need to talk to you." I was like "wooooooah..." Some wierd rumour that got started through a long line of gossip.

Anyway, yeah. Here's your attention. Looks like you are going on all the exciting adventures that I am not. So hurrah. Live for the both of us, Mea... Live like a queen and never take no for an answer... Or something.