Sunday, January 08, 2006

Day Five: Dec. 29, 2005

The Puck Building. The little gold guy is Puck. I don't know what they do in the Puck Building.

Fire escapes are neat.

While waiting for a table at Lombardi's (great pizza), I took in the local scenery of the Lower East Side. Or maybe it's Soho. Hard to tell where one starts and one ends.

I like the facade of this building with the verdigris. So pretty.

A rather aggressive sign for a playground, I think.

Neat tree. That's all.

So I thought Gatsby's Bar was famous. Guess not. Still a nice building though.

This is the Department of Parks and Recreation headquarters. Also known as "The Arsenal." But it's a very nice building. In Central Park.

Closer view of the door, with old swords and spears and whatever else.

The Central Park Zoo. There was a sea lion somewhere in that pool.

More zoo. I really like dead trees. Or not dead, actually, but bare trees. I think they're interesting and expressive.

The Delcorte Clock. No, not famous.

I really like it when nature grows over man made things.

Central Park is so beautiful.

This is my "sad leaf" portrait.

I'm tired of writing captions. There isn't much explanation to this one.

Bryan.

This sort of hut thing. Interestingly built.

Interesting graffiti.

This sounds like the lyrics to a Backstreet Boys song.

I think this tree looks sad, but interesting.

Some pond.

A red ladder. Overcast days are great for making colors pop.

An obvious shot.

I like this little dock thing.

Bench.

Inside the Metropolitain Museum of Art, in the Ancient Egypt exhibit.

The least specific sign in the world. It was inside a falafel place on the Lower East Side or the East Village or Aphabet City or one of those places.

All my photos of The Dakota turned out pretty awful. So none are here. But we went there and it was interesting. It's just this place, though, you know? If you didn't know it was what it was, you'd never find out by walking past it.

No comments: