Sunday, July 01, 2007

July 1

The Museum of Jurassic Technology:

IMG_0696.JPG
They had a tea and cookie room upstairs. That interesting contraption on the far left is a samovar, which is a tea maker/decanter thing. Old fashionedy.

IMG_0707.JPG
I photograph tea grounds. Maybe they will tell me my fortune. (The grounds sorta look like Australia... I hope that means that I will go there soon. That would be a good fortune.)

IMG_0703.JPG
Nice decor.

IMG_0711.JPG
This is a poorly composed photo of a charming portrait of Laika, the first dog in space. There was a whole shrine to the Soviet dogs of outer space.

IMG_0718.JPG
It is too complicated to explain what this is. Swinging weights on chains.

IMG_0729.JPG
Ricky Jay narrated an exhibit about the degeneration of dice in the Los Angeles area. These are the melty dice which I found interesting.

IMG_0732.JPG
Miniature model of a trailer home.

I haven't even scratched the surface of all the weird and crazy stuff they have at this place. Y'all should check it out.

Then we went to Venice Beach:

IMG_0734.JPG
As always, they have some amusing signs, sometimes not intentionally so.

IMG_0737.JPG
Some muscle men showing off to the public. I would too if I had lats like that.

IMG_0740.JPG
One of those guys who paints himself in metallic colors and makes mechanical whirring noises when you give him money. Only this one has a DOG.

IMG_0742.JPG
People like dogs in Venice Beach. They also sell dog clothing, dog hats and dog sunglasses somewhere around there. The booth moves periodically.

IMG_0741.JPG
This is the free dog water man, who also probably moves this piano every day to the beach and back to wherever he lives. Only in LA? Indubitably.

IMG_0743.JPG
I bought a poster and took a picture of the palm trees through it. I got the idea from Bryan though, don't credit me.

IMG_0746.JPG
The Duke of Plaza Toro: Ah, Venice.

Santa Monica Pier:

IMG_0747.JPG
I like to photograph the waning sunlight and the frolicking natives in the repulsively polluted Santa Monica beach water. (It sure is pretty though.)

IMG_0751.JPG
My mom thinks this shot is amazing. Um. Okay.

IMG_0755.JPG
I like this one better.

IMG_0761.JPG
Someone (a stranger!) recently favorited this photo on Flickr. Yay! I'm famous!

IMG_0763.JPG
Though, again, as far as ferris wheel photos go, I like this one better. No accounting for the tastes of others.

IMG_0771.JPG
I also like this one.

I have a million other ferris wheel photos, which I won't bore you with, but they're on that Flickr page that I JUST linked. So check it out.

IMG_0786.JPG
Why has nobody favorited this photo? This is poetry. (Haha.)

I also have a million photos of reflections of various luminous bodies, natural or not, reflected in the ocean, which I won't post here either for the sake of brevity, in which this post is already severely lacking.

No comments: