Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July 17

Samantha and I had lunch (Canter's) and a movie (Sicko).

IMG_1530.JPG
Canter's is featured fairly often in this blog because I just really love it. Deli food is (among) my comfort food, and I like the atmosphere. There are often really weird people there, and occasionally I get my absolute favorite waiter, Douglas, who will appear in a moment.

IMG_1561.JPG
It's really quite picturesque and fun and tacky all at once.

IMG_1536.JPG
Douglas is my favorite waiter because he is so strange. For one, his hair is quite literally 8 inches high, he acts kind of weird and spazzy, and one time that he served me, he would keep reappearing with his clothing slightly different. Either he's be wearing something different, or he'd have removed something, or it was just differently accessorized. Also, he has crazy mutton chops. He's probably an actor.

IMG_1542.JPG
She is explaining something to me.

IMG_1550.JPG
Their bakery is legendary (to me).

IMG_1554.JPG
Fun with feet.

IMG_1557.JPG
My big toes are like thumbs. Also, jeez I am pale.

IMG_1558.JPG
There's a part in Lost in Translation where Scarlett Johansson's character talks about doing photography for a while, but she just took dumb pictures of her feet. When I first saw it, I was the only one in the theater who laughed out loud. I guess it's a photography thing.

No comments: