Thursday, July 12, 2007

July 12

Samantha, Tal, and I went to a little Japanese area of Santa Monica, on Sawtelle near the state-named streets if anyone wants to find it. There's this awesome little shop that sells the cutest, most bizarre little things there. I don't usually end up buying much, and hardly ever anything useful, but it's fun to look around.

IMG_1359.JPG
Tiny tupperware. Tiny. TINY.

IMG_1361.JPG
There was not a word of English on this package, so I can only guess at its use. I think it's a patch you put on the bottom of your foot that makes your feet smell like pine trees. Maybe?

IMG_1367.JPG
This was one of many kitchen timers that was shaped like a kitchen implement, and this one is my favorite. And it's useful! I would like one such timer, only I have no place of my own. When I move, I will have this in my kitchen. I think I will have a funny apartment.

IMG_1370.JPG
I have no idea. It's a kitchen tool. Of some sort.

IMG_1372.JPG
Maybe when you make your own fabulous shade when mixing food coloring, you want to keep it somewhere that will be uncontaminated by any other substance, yet you want to conserve space.

IMG_1373.JPG
Genius! (Though it's not really self-shining, unless you're accustomed to spit shining your shoes. Rubbing shoe polish on your shoe is shining it yourself... with shoe polish.)

IMG_1375.JPG
Among the authentic crockery (muggery?), there is a selection of fine Disney mugs to choose from. Hmm.

IMG_1378.JPG
These were hanging all over the ceiling. They are so cute!

IMG_1379.JPG
Seriously, they have everything.

IMG_1382.JPG
Comfort chopsticks. You hook your pinky in that loop.

IMG_1386.JPG
Ah, Engrish.

IMG_1391.JPG
This little crepe stand (i.e. closet with burners) scares me. This is why:

IMG_1395.JPG
That sign is intimidating as hell. Who'd want to work there?!?!

IMG_1396.JPG
The crepes are really good though.

No comments: